Welcome to Cherrydidi
July 2014 - So long Caldbeck.. Read more here…
PLEASE BEAR WITH US AS WE UPDATE THE 'PURCHASE ONLINE' AREA OF CHERRYDIDI'S WEBSITE....
Rather than taking down Cherrydidi's website we are continually making amendments, adding artists work etc and project that EVERYTHING will be available for our customers to purchase online by the end of the year, we promise. In the meantime, if you have fallen in love with something & are unable to find it online please contact us. Thanks for your patience.
Firstly, thank you for your interest in Cherrydidi, we and our artists really appreciate your support. You can purchase online here, pop into our Keswick shop - we're open every day, or call Cherrydidi as new products are being added all the time. Cherrydidi, based at 2-4 St John's Street, Keswick, sources high quality, distinctive and ethical gifts made by the finest artisans of small independent businesses.
We seek to work with the best creative artists from around the globe, most of which are British but we also work with women from developing countries. We believe by doing this we are keeping incredible skills, talent and culture alive and promoting the beauty and art of handmade pieces. In addition, buying Cherrydidi sourced products you not only will be supporting small independent creative businesses you will be benefiting local people, their communities and their surrounding environments.
If you're looking for an artist's profile to download please click here.
Our next lot of 'Creative Workshops' have started so check these out here.
And if you know a new budding artist who's producing something special, tell them about our 'Guest Artist Scheme', it gives five artists the opportunity to join the Cherrydidi network every quarter.
And last but not least, the 'Who's that with Zak' Range (based on our infamous loved black & white collie) is now on sale. 50p from every sale is donated to Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, a charity very close to our hearts. If you would like to purchase a British-made china mug or cotton t-towel click here.
like handmade & ethical – buy from Cherrydidi.
- This scarf is from the vila collection and features a range of blue and lavender flowers felted into the surface of layers of deep green silk georgette. Read more about the artist, Diana Morrison Designs here All of her designs are "one-off" originals so that each piece is totally unique and therefore if a scarf has sold out...£45.00
- Patchouli/geranium, sweet gale and lavender/lime have been made with a large splash of hemp oil which is obtained from the cannibis sativia plant. This plant is extremely versatile and is now used as a substitute for cotton, without the detrimental effects on the environment. The oil obtained from the plant is recognised as highly valuable, as it is...£4.25
- The Wee gift boxes of handmade soap are the ideal gift for a soap lover. All of the soaps are cruelty free, free of synthetics, vegetarian, ethical and totally gorgeous! The handmade paper we are using to wrap this gift box is lokta handmade paper from Nepal. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£8.50
- 'look at the jugs on that bird' unframed Limited edition print (250) of a digital drawing . Digital drawing printed on high quality textured heavy paper - like watercolour paper. Signed, numbered and presented with a slightly off-white textured mount. The overall size is 10" x 8", meaning that it'll fit perfectly into...£14.50
- A nice, generous baby bib featuring Helena's popular designs These large bibs are sizable for a reason! Mums will appreciate the extra coverage and tots will be fighting to put them on instead of take them off. Perfect as an affordable gift, particularly when teamed with a matching greetings card. The designs really do stimulate tots to sing the rhymes...£7.00
- A set of four landscape fused glass coasters with a continuous theme. Colette Halstead translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Please contact Cherrydidi before purchasing as these are one-off pieces so colours vary. Size: Four 9x9cms coasters Medium:...£40.00
- Giclée Fine art print of Indian ink painting. Printed on high quality Somerset Enhanced Velvet fine art paper , presented in a 45mm soft white mount and framed. Edition of 250 (each print is signed and numbered). Folded size: 10x13.5" matt black wooden frame Read about the artist, InkBison here£38.00
- The card is blank inside for your own message. All cards and brown envelope are made from 100% recycled paper and the bag is made from biodegradable cornstarch. Size: Width 10.5cms, Height 15cms Read about the artist, Corrina Rothwell here£2.50
- Geranium & grapefruit; lemongrass & irish moss seaweed; lavender; oranges & lemon; ylang ylang, honey & oatmeal; himalayan rose; rosemary & orange; and frankincense, mandarin & ylang luxury handmade soap made in a traditional and ethical way. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£4.25
- Fused glass trinket dish with sticky-bud design. The artist translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Size: 12x28cms Medium: kiln fused glass Read more about the artist Colette Halstead here£40.00
- Hello super-cute mini tote bag! Hand printed with our ubiquitous designs these sweet little bags would make any tots day! Perfect as party bags, for trips to the sweet shop, conkers and leaves or as super cute storage. Hang a few in a row for maximum impact and to squirrell away those little toys! made from: 100% white cotton, wash at 30 degrees. dimensions:...£6.50
- These fun and funky stools are an item a child will have forever. They are equally appealling on their own or used with additional stools and playtables. They can also be used as an occasional table in a living room, a perfect stool to sit beside the fire on or as a stool to sit on for spinning yarn as it's the perfect height. Product...£49.00
- Choose from Amrita , Spirit or Heart roll-on remedies/natural perfumes. Cherrydidi's much loved maker, Essential Spirit have ventured into a brave new world, free of synthetics, aliphatic aldehydes, alcohol and synthetized fragrances. They have been playing with the art of perfumery & aromatherapy and now have three natural perfumes/remedies...£12.00
- The brooch is made from porcelain and decorated with coloured slips and approximately measures 6.5 x 3.5cm/2½ x 1¼in. Read more about the Cumbrian based artist Ruth Charlton here£10.00
- Beautiful greeting cards created by lovingly painting each loveable pet in Indian ink (and some watercolour) on Fabriano and printed on crisp 350gsm Cocoon Recycled card. Card is blank inside for your own personal message and comes with a white C6 envelope. Folded size: A6 (105 x 148.5mm / 4.13” x 5.83”) Read about the artist,...£3.00
- Lightweight, striking and fun, they make a useful addition to any table or kitchen, and are ideal for serving up all manner of tasty treats! The serving boards are made of birch plywood, this is one of the most sustainable wood products today. The cross grain lamination process makes the boards very strong but the quality birch finish softens...£14.40
- These fun nursery rhyme cards are taken from an original artwork in the artist's signature style which retains a hand drawn and painted approach combined with hand printed letter press type. Created to inspire and delight, the words from the rhymes are cleverly incorporated into the design. The cards are printed on high quality matt paper...£2.50
- This neckpiece in a range of greens has 2 layers of silk georgette with felted flower detail and machine stitched highlights. Read more about the artist, Diana Morrison Designs here All of her designs are "one-off" originals so that each piece is totally unique and therefore if a scarf has sold out Diana will require...£45.00
- Helena Tyce Designs has created a lovely quality Tee with every tots favourite nursery rhyme line! "Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream"... we all know the bit that the tots really want to sing and here it is emblazoned accross their very own T-shirt complete with their own snapping croc. This t-shirt is short-sleeved and versatile....£14.50
- Natural Care for your Hair - handmade with organic hemp, jojoba, shea and cocoa - nourishing oils and rich butters that will cleanse and condition your scalp & hair. With a fabulously fresh and nourishing lather leaving your hair squeaky clean and naturally healthy. Fragranced with organic rosemary and lavender essential oils. Definitely a winner...£6.00