Welcome to Cherrydidi
Firstly, thank you for your interest in Cherrydidi, we and our artists really appreciate your support. You can purchase online here, pop into one of our two shops, in Caldbeck or Keswick or call Cherrydidi on 016974 78000 as new products are being added all the time.
Our next lot of 'Creative Workshops' run in spring so do check these out. And if you know a new budding artist who's producing something special, tell them about our 'Guest Artist Scheme', it gives five artists the opportunity to join the Cherrydidi network every quarter.
Cherrydidi, based at Priest's Mill in Caldbeck and Station Street in Keswick, sources high quality, distinctive and ethical gifts made by the finest artisans of small independent businesses.
We seek to work with the best creative artists from around the globe, most of which are British but we also work with women from developing countries. We believe by doing this we are keeping incredible skills, talent and culture alive and promoting the beauty and art of handmade pieces. In addition, buying Cherrydidi sourced products you not only will be supporting small independent creative businesses you will be benefiting local people, their communities and their surrounding environments.
The 'Who's that with Zak' (our infamous loved black & white collie) Range' is now on sale. 50p from every sale is donated to Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, a charity very close to our hearts. If you would like to purchase a British-made china mug or cotton t-towel click here
like handmade & ethical – buy from Cherrydidi.
- From Corrina Rothwell's new 'Rages' card range. Drawn digitally using a Wacom Intuos 4 graphics tablet and stylus. Printed on 280gsm card from sustainable sources. Comes with 100% recycled brown 'kraft' envelope in a biodegradable cello bag. Size: 150mm x 150mm. Read about the artist, Corrina Rothwell here£2.80
- These fun and funky stools are an item a child will have forever. They are equally appealling on their own or used with additional stools and playtables. They can also be used as an occasional table in a living room, a perfect stool to sit beside the fire on or as a stool to sit on for spinning yarn as it's the perfect height. Product...£49.00
- These Indian Runner Ducks are just magical! The ceramic pieces are frost-proof stoneware so can be safely displayed in the garden all year round (although they look just as good indoors!). The maker solely concentrates on the design and manufacture of sculptural birds and beasts for the home and garden. Indian Runner Ducks can be purchased singularly...£45.00
- Classic nursery rhyme kids t-shirts. Perfect as a gift for a new baby, birthday or christening. All of the prints on the t-shirts are taken from original mixed media artworks of classic nursery rhymes and a ll t-shirts are printed onto high quality, soft white t-shirts made in the UK. 'The Wheels on the Bus' is a unique interpretation...£14.00
- Press moulded scuplture of rock climber by Ruth Charlton. White stoneware/oxides Size: 22x6x5 cms Read about the artist Ruth Charlton here£39.00
- This particular water colour sketch of a hare was based on a hare I (Dan Short) almost ran over, when pulling in to my drive when living in Braithwaite in the heart of the English Lake District. I was first really inspired by these muscular, flighty creatures when two friends lived in an old farmhouse in Martindale in the Northern Lakes. The farmhouse...£15.00
- The Wee gift boxes of handmade soap are the ideal gift for a soap lover. All of the soaps are cruelty free, free of synthetics, vegetarian, ethical and totally gorgeous! The handmade paper we are using to wrap this gift box is lokta handmade paper from Nepal. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£8.50
- Choose from Amrita , Spirit or Heart roll-on remedies/natural perfumes. Cherrydidi's much loved maker, Essential Spirit have ventured into a brave new world, free of synthetics, aliphatic aldehydes, alcohol and synthetized fragrances. They have been playing with the art of perfumery & aromatherapy and now have three natural perfumes/remedies...£12.00
- Many of you know the infamous Zak who welcomes customers into Cherrydidi. Well, he has brought out his collectable 'who's that with Zak' range . The t-towel is 100% natural quality cotton and comes in a deep cerise pink or a royal blue and has Cherrydidi, Cumbria in black print along one side. These are also manufactured in the UK. Dimensions...£6.95
- This scarf is part of the Viola collection and features layers of hand dyed silks in purples and blues with hand felted pansies and stitched detail. Read more about the artist, Diana Morrison Designs here All of her designs are "one-off" originals so that each piece is totally unique and therefore if a scarf has sold out Diana...£45.00
- Allium in Sunlight, Awakening, Bloom in Tokyo, Fire Orchids, Marine Flower and Wild Orchids are a set of 6 cards created by Gabrielle Caul who specialises in painting on silk and has made her artwork available in a range of greetings cards. Gay's love of vibrant colours is reflected in her work. Size - 7x5 inches Read about the...£13.50
- Handmade pewter stud earrings with circular turquoise and gold resin design. Studs measure approximately 9mm in diameter and have silver-plated, allergy-free ear posts and scrolls. Read about the maker, KOA, here .£12.00
- 'look at the jugs on that bird' unframed Limited edition print (250) of a digital drawing . Digital drawing printed on high quality textured heavy paper - like watercolour paper. Signed, numbered and presented with a slightly off-white textured mount. The overall size is 10" x 8", meaning that it'll fit perfectly into...£14.50
- A fused glass drop brooch made from recycled greenhouse glass. If you would like a specfic colour contact Cherrydidi and request a specific photo otherwise take pot luck....they're all beautiful! Presented in a Colette Halstead branded box. Size: Width approx 5cms, height approx 4.5cms Read more about the artist, Colette Halstead Glass here£26.00
- Fused glass square dish with city skyline and hawthorn leaves. Colette Halstead translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Size: 11"x11" Medium: kiln fused glass Read about the artist Colette Halstead here£75.00
- Lightweight, striking and fun, they make a useful addition to any table or kitchen, and are ideal for serving up all manner of tasty treats! The serving boards are made of birch plywood, this is one of the most sustainable wood products today. The cross grain lamination process makes the boards very strong but the quality birch finish softens...£13.50
- Beautiful greeting cards created by lovingly painting each loveable pet in Indian ink (and some watercolour) on Fabriano and printed on crisp 350gsm Cocoon Recycled card. Card is blank inside for your own personal message and comes with a white C6 envelope. Folded size: A6 (105 x 148.5mm / 4.13” x 5.83”) Read about the artist,...£3.00
- The brooch is made from porcelain and decorated with coloured slips and approximately measures 6.5 x 3.5cm/2½ x 1¼in. Read more about the Cumbrian based artist Ruth Charlton here£10.00
- Geranium & grapefruit; lemongrass & irish moss seaweed; lavender; oranges & lemon; ylang ylang, honey & oatmeal; himalayan rose; rosemary & orange; and frankincense, mandarin & ylang luxury handmade soap made in a traditional and ethical way. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£4.25
- This scarf is from the vila collection and features a range of blue and lavender flowers felted into the surface of layers of deep green silk georgette. Read more about the artist, Diana Morrison Designs here All of her designs are "one-off" originals so that each piece is totally unique and therefore if a scarf has sold out...£45.00