Welcome to Cherrydidi
July 2014 - So long Caldbeck.. Read more here…
PLEASE BEAR WITH US AS WE UPDATE THE 'PURCHASE ONLINE' AREA OF CHERRYDIDI'S WEBSITE....
Rather than taking down Cherrydidi's website we are continually making amendments, adding artists work etc and project that EVERYTHING will be available for our customers to purchase online by the end of the year, we promise. In the meantime, if you have fallen in love with something & are unable to find it online please contact us. Thanks for your patience.
Firstly, thank you for your interest in Cherrydidi, we and our artists really appreciate your support. You can purchase online here, pop into our Keswick shop - we're open every day, or call Cherrydidi as new products are being added all the time. Cherrydidi, based at 2-4 St John's Street, Keswick, sources high quality, distinctive and ethical gifts made by the finest artisans of small independent businesses.
We seek to work with the best creative artists from around the globe, most of which are British but we also work with women from developing countries. We believe by doing this we are keeping incredible skills, talent and culture alive and promoting the beauty and art of handmade pieces. In addition, buying Cherrydidi sourced products you not only will be supporting small independent creative businesses you will be benefiting local people, their communities and their surrounding environments.
If you're looking for an artist's profile to download please click here.
Our next lot of 'Creative Workshops' have started so check these out here.
And if you know a new budding artist who's producing something special, tell them about our 'Guest Artist Scheme', it gives five artists the opportunity to join the Cherrydidi network every quarter.
And last but not least, the 'Who's that with Zak' Range (based on our infamous loved black & white collie) is now on sale. 50p from every sale is donated to Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, a charity very close to our hearts. If you would like to purchase a British-made china mug or cotton t-towel click here.
like handmade & ethical – buy from Cherrydidi.
- Giclée Fine art print of Indian ink painting. Printed on high quality Somerset Enhanced Velvet fine art paper , presented in a 45mm soft white mount and framed. Edition of 250 (each print is signed and numbered). Folded size: 10x13.5" matt black wooden frame Read about the artist, InkBison here£38.00
- Beautiful greeting cards created by lovingly painting each loveable pet in Indian ink (and some watercolour) on Fabriano and printed on crisp 350gsm Cocoon Recycled card. Card is blank inside for your own personal message and comes with a white C6 envelope. Folded size: A6 (105 x 148.5mm / 4.13” x 5.83”) Read about the artist,...£3.00
- Helena Tyce Designs has created a lovely quality Tee with every tots favourite nursery rhyme line! "Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream"... we all know the bit that the tots really want to sing and here it is emblazoned accross their very own T-shirt complete with their own snapping croc. This t-shirt is short-sleeved and versatile....£14.50
- These fun and funky stools are an item a child will have forever. They are equally appealling on their own or used with additional stools and playtables. They can also be used as an occasional table in a living room, a perfect stool to sit beside the fire on or as a stool to sit on for spinning yarn as it's the perfect height. Product...£49.00
- Allium in Sunlight, Awakening, Bloom in Tokyo, Fire Orchids, Marine Flower and Wild Orchids are a set of 6 cards created by Gabrielle Caul who specialises in painting on silk and has made her artwork available in a range of greetings cards. Gay's love of vibrant colours is reflected in her work. Size - 7x5 inches Read about the...£13.50
- Fused glass square dish with city skyline and hawthorn leaves. Colette Halstead translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Size: 11"x11" Medium: kiln fused glass Read about the artist Colette Halstead here£75.00
- The card is blank inside for your own message. All cards and brown envelope are made from 100% recycled paper and the bag is made from biodegradable cornstarch. Size: Width 10.5cms, Height 15cms Read about the artist, Corrina Rothwell here£2.50
- 'don't mind me' unframed Limited edition print (250) of a digital drawing . Digital drawing printed on high quality textured heavy paper - like watercolour paper. Signed, numbered and presented with a slightly off-white textured mount. The overall size is 10" x 8", meaning that it'll fit perfectly into a standard sized frame....£14.50
- These nursery rhyme prints are taken from an original artwork in the artist's signature style which retains a hand drawn and painted approach combined with hand printed letter press type. Created to inspire and delight, the words from the rhymes are cleverly incorporated into the design. The prints are fine art prints printed on high quality...£14.50
- Fused glass trinket dish with sticky-bud design. The artist translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Size: 12x28cms Medium: kiln fused glass Read more about the artist Colette Halstead here£40.00
- A nice, generous baby bib featuring Helena's popular designs These large bibs are sizable for a reason! Mums will appreciate the extra coverage and tots will be fighting to put them on instead of take them off. Perfect as an affordable gift, particularly when teamed with a matching greetings card. The designs really do stimulate tots to sing the rhymes...£7.00
- Hello super-cute mini tote bag! Hand printed with our ubiquitous designs these sweet little bags would make any tots day! Perfect as party bags, for trips to the sweet shop, conkers and leaves or as super cute storage. Hang a few in a row for maximum impact and to squirrell away those little toys! made from: 100% white cotton, wash at 30 degrees. dimensions:...£6.50
- From Corrina Rothwell's new 'Rages' card range. Drawn digitally using a Wacom Intuos 4 graphics tablet and stylus. Printed on 280gsm card from sustainable sources. Comes with 100% recycled brown 'kraft' envelope in a biodegradable cello bag. Size: 150mm x 150mm. Read about the artist, Corrina Rothwell here£2.80
- Lightweight, striking and fun, they make a useful addition to any table or kitchen, and are ideal for serving up all manner of tasty treats! The serving boards are made of birch plywood, this is one of the most sustainable wood products today. The cross grain lamination process makes the boards very strong but the quality birch finish softens...£14.40
- 'apostrophe rage' unframed Limited edition print (250) of a digital drawing . Digital drawing printed on high quality textured heavy paper - like watercolour paper. Signed, numbered and presented with a slightly off-white textured mount. The overall size is 10" x 8", meaning that it'll fit perfectly into a standard sized frame....£14.50
- This scarf is from the vila collection and features a range of blue and lavender flowers felted into the surface of layers of deep green silk georgette. Read more about the artist, Diana Morrison Designs here All of her designs are "one-off" originals so that each piece is totally unique and therefore if a scarf has sold out...£45.00
- Press moulded sculpture of rock climber by Ruth Charlton. White stoneware/oxides Size: 22x6x5 cms Read about the artist Ruth Charlton here£39.00
- Geranium & grapefruit; lemongrass & irish moss seaweed; lavender; oranges & lemon; ylang ylang, honey & oatmeal; himalayan rose; rosemary & orange; and frankincense, mandarin & ylang luxury handmade soap made in a traditional and ethical way. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£4.25
- This chopping board is made using 27mm deep plywood. Making it very substantial and hard wearing. It will never split and comes with a lifetime guarantee. Product dimensions 220 x 400 x 27mm Read more about the artist, Olive Designs here£22.00
- Patchouli/geranium, sweet gale and lavender/lime have been made with a large splash of hemp oil which is obtained from the cannibis sativia plant. This plant is extremely versatile and is now used as a substitute for cotton, without the detrimental effects on the environment. The oil obtained from the plant is recognised as highly valuable, as it is...£4.25