Welcome to Cherrydidi
Firstly, thank you for supporting Cherrydidi, we and our artists really appreciate your support! You can purchase online here, pop into Cherrydidi in Caldbeck or call Cherrydidi on 016974 78000 as new products are being added all the time.
Cherrydidi, based at Priest's Mill in Caldbeck - a picturesque village in the Lake District, sources high quality, distinctive and ethical gifts made by the finest artisans of small independent businesses.
We seek to work with the best creative artists from around the globe, most of which are British but we also work with women from developing countries. We believe by doing this we are keeping incredible skills, talent and culture alive and promoting the beauty and art of handmade pieces. In addition, buying Cherrydidi sourced products you not only will be supporting small independent creative businesses you will be benefiting local people, their communities and their surrounding environments.
like handmade & ethical – buy from Cherrydidi.
- High Pike from Bowscale Tarn, in the Lake District is an original acrylic painting by Julia Garner. She mainly paints in oils and tries to reflect the atmosphere of the local area. She has always painted using only a palette knife which offers a fresh and not over-worked picture. It's a stretched box canvas which is 3.5cm deep - the painting continues...£140.00
- A ceramic wall hanging depicting a male rock climber. White stoneware/oxides. It measures 15cmx10cm/6"x4". Read more about the Cumbrian based artist Ruth Charlton here£17.00
- Patchouli/geranium, sweet gale and lavender/lime have been made with a large splash of hemp oil which is obtained from the cannibis sativia plant. This plant is extremely versatile and is now used as a substitute for cotton, without the detrimental effects on the environment. The oil obtained from the plant is recognised as highly valuable, as it is...£4.50
- The Wee gift boxes of handmade soap are the ideal gift for a soap lover. All of the soaps are cruelty free, free of synthetics, vegetarian, ethical and totally gorgeous! The handmade paper we are using to wrap this gift box is lokta handmade paper from Nepal. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£8.50
- Lightweight, striking and fun, they make a useful addition to any table or kitchen, and are ideal for serving up all manner of tasty treats! The serving boards are made of birch plywood, this is one of the most sustainable wood products today. The cross grain lamination process makes the boards very strong but the quality birch finish softens...£13.50
- A beautiful hand carved occasional double-face table made from Cidrella wood which is uniqueGhana. An ideal table to place next to the settee to put a cuppa on. These tables are admired! Please note the discounted price when you purchase a matching pair. Size: Approx table top diameter 34cms, height 52cms Read about the maker Tekura here ...£49.00
- A set of four landscape fused glass coasters with a continuous theme. Colette Halstead translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Size: Four 9x9cms coasters Medium: kiln fused glass Name: Colette Halstead Based: Lancashire, UK Glass artist Colette...£40.00
- The perfect gift for a dog lover - these cute one off felted dog brooches feature the friendly face of Patch! All of Dorrie Designs pieces are influenced by the Cumbrian life & landscape and are made with textile natural fibres, fabrics and yarns, including linen, silk, wool, felt and cotton. Size: 6.5cms x 5.5cms approx Read more about...£8.95
- Classic nursery rhyme kids t-shirts. Perfect as a gift for a new baby, birthday or christening. All of the prints on the t-shirts are taken from original mixed media artworks of classic nursery rhymes and a ll t-shirts are printed onto high quality, soft white t-shirts made in the UK. 'The Wheels on the Bus' is a unique interpretation...£14.00
- These nursery rhyme prints are taken from an original artwork in the artist's signature style which retains a hand drawn and painted approach combined with hand printed letter press type. Created to inspire and delight, the words from the rhymes are cleverly incorporated into the design. The prints are fine art prints printed on high quality matt...£14.50
- A beautiful one off, uniquely designed picture using a combination of traditional textile techniques in an innovative way to create framed Lake District inspired scenes. All of Dorrie Design pictures are influenced by the lovely Cumbrian landscape and are made with textile natural fibres, fabrics and yarns, including linen, silk, wool, felt and cotton....£25.00
- The black and white sheep make a lovely flock! The ceramic pieces are frost-proof stoneware so can be safely displayed in the garden all year round (although they look just as good indoors!). The maker solely concentrates on the design and manufacture of sculptural birds and animals for the home and garden. Height Large 13cms, Small 10cms Read...£32.00
- Carrock Fell Summit, in the Lake District is an original acrylic painting by Julia Garner. She mainly paints in oils and tries to reflect the atmosphere of the local area. She has always painted using only a palette knife which offers a fresh and not over-worked picture. It's a stretched box canvas which is 3.5cm deep - the painting continues...£140.00
- This neckpiece in a range of greens has 2 layers of silk georgette with felted flower detail and machine stitched highlights. Read more about the artist, Diana Morrison Designs here All of her designs are "one-off" originals so that each piece is totally unique and therefore if a scarf has sold out Diana will require...£45.00
- Fused glass square dish with city skyline and hawthorn leaves. Colette Halstead translates etching aesthetic processes, texture and surface into the glass, capturing the mood and atmosphere of each leaf and landscape. Size: 11"x11" Medium: kiln fused glass Read about the artist Colette Halstead here£75.00
- Natural Care for your Hair - handmade with organic hemp, jojoba, shea and cocoa - nourishing oils and rich butters that will cleanse and condition your scalp & hair. With a fabulously fresh and nourishing lather leaving your hair squeaky clean and naturally healthy. Fragranced with organic rosemary and lavender essential oils. Definitely a winner...£6.00
- Geranium & grapefruit; lemongrass & irish moss seaweed; lavender; oranges & lemon; ylang ylang, honey & oatmeal; himalayan rose; rosemary & orange; and frankincense, mandarin & ylang luxury handmade soap made in a traditional and ethical way. Read about the soap maker, Essential Spirit; an environmental award-winning company,...£4.50
- This is a hand printed and handmade linen zip purse with a gorgeous entomology or correspondence print. Size - Height 14cms x Width 16cms Read about the artist Coo & Co here£14.00
- The Cumbrian based maker, Wild & Fruitful is a producer of high quality Jams, Chutneys, Marmalades, Cheeses, Jellies, Oils and Vinegars. Made by hand and using only local ingredients, many of the products have gained a variety of awards. The Wild & Fruitful range, often from ancient recipes offers pure, natural taste sensations which allow...£3.20
- Choose from Amrita , Spirit or Heart roll-on remedies/natural perfumes. Cherrydidi's much loved maker, Essential Spirit have ventured into a brave new world, free of synthetics, aliphatic aldehydes, alcohol and synthetized fragrances. They have been playing with the art of perfumery & aromatherapy and now have three natural perfumes/remedies...£12.00